Friday, November 19, 2010

This Time It's True: R.I.P. Pat Burns

"As for my career, I always said to my kids, 'you don't cry because it's over, you're happy because it happened.' That's the main thing. I'm happy it happened."
Celebrate the man and his achievements. Hate the Hall Of Fame for not including him while he was alive.

CBC and CTV ran decent pieces on his life and career.

Here's his evolution throughout the years:

In 1989, with the Habs - the mustache era:


In 1993, with the Leafs - nearing the end of the mullet era:


In 2000, with the Bruins, his third Original Six team:


In 2003, winning the Cup with the Devils:


And in March, when plans for an arena bearing his name were announced:


They say cancer eats at you, well this one fed on one of the toughest public figures of the past 20 years. Rest In Peace, Pat Burns.

No comments: