Sunday, June 10, 2012

Funeral For A Friend



I went about it pretty quickly a week ago when I mentioned the upcoming destruction of what is still considered the Heart of Montréal on The Main, and the ''funeral procession'' in its honour.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention those who did it better, longer, and more heartfelt than myself, as I turned my emotions ''off'' of late and attempted to coast through the remainder of the year trying not to notice it passing, faintly hoping I'd be left alive in not-too-decrepit a state when it's all said and done.

The Gazette kept it real, instilling a historical horizon on the piece of street our Mayor is attempting to nullify.

And to think merely a year ago, the mayor fooled us into thinking we had won - and the expropriation/demolition had been cancelled... after quite a few Save The Main fund-raising events.

But the most complete reference guide to the whole ordeal can be found here. Blogging at its informative best.

No comments: