Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Misadventures On MySpace

I tried going on MySpace about a month ago and couldn't get into my artist/band profile for lack of remembering my password, and while the same could be true about my ''personal'' page - which I hadn't used since 2006 - I could log onto that one via Facebook... oh irony! It felt like asking O.J. Simpson for directions to his wife's lot at the cemetery...

In any event, I found the site's look too busy, too disturbing, and just didn't bother with going to my own page, on which I'm connected to roughly 1000 folks - my band page had over 25,000, and my regular Facebook profile has the maximum of 5,000 most of the time anyway, and all of my MySpace friends are on it.

But one person persisted and spent time on MySpace, and came away with her experience with this hilarious blog post. It almost got me to go back (despite the seemingly horrible experience) to check it out and live through the same frustrations, but I found my time to be better spent doing... anything else.

Like reading the news:


No comments: