Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Going Through Changes

I know I'm at a crossroads. It's not just about the signs, which are abundant, but also everything else. There is no choice but change.

Some people worry about stagnating, others about boredom; I'm not even there: the status quo could literally be the end of me. Figuratively, too, but, uh, duh.

And I know one step will inevitably lead to many more; it's a slippery slope going downhill with a couple of bumps that could either stop me in my tracks or just propel me even further. And I think I'm fine with that.

Of course, the conditions aren't ideal, and my attempts at normalcy have usually failed miserably. And predictably. But I trust the future and what it'll put in my path. I'm surrounded by more good people than I remember on most days.

Like Mick Jagger said, I'm probably not going to get what I want, but I'll try for some time, so maybe I'll get what I need.

No comments: