Friday, May 7, 2010

Cyndi Lauper At The Jazz Fest

They've announced earlier this week that Cyndi Lauper would make her way into the Montréal International Jazz Festival, and I thought it was great news. I remember purchasing a jazz-lite/bluesy record of hers from a decade ago and being pleasantly surprised at the general quality.

I just hope for two things:

1. not too much of her 80s crap
2. a bizarre event that will forever keep the show ingrained in my memory, like this one.

Now, the Jazz Fest needs to grow some balls and convince Tom Waits to have a week-long stand playing different shows each night with different people each time (although I'd gladly accept Marc Ribot being a part of everything).

Speaking of Waits, he plays the Devil in Terry Gilliam's most recent film - The Imaginarium Of Dr. Panassus - the best film of 2009. Buy it on Blu-Ray.

No comments: