Thursday, May 27, 2010

To My Friend, Yan Basque

I saw a kid today, he looked just like you, only, obviously, twenty years younger. He was running after a metro, trying to get in the subway train before it left Guy station.

I wanted to stop him, tell him it was too late, not to run uselessly in this suffocating heat, but more importantly, I wanted to tell him, for the future, ''don't sweat the small stuff, don't worry so much, but if you do, meh... chances are you'll be an artistic genius someday anyway''.

Or maybe even just a genius.

You could see it in the look in his eye, even beyond his glasses. You could see the pure, innocent dreams that someone should build upon to create a better world.

All this in a half-second of looking at your 10-year old doppelgänger.

I hope you had a great day.

No comments: