Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Kids Who Want To Die Young

I was walking down the street last night, coming home from the grocery store, when two kids are walking towards me, in the opposite direction. The one on the left is tiny, probably between 10 and 12 years old, with the emo-ish haircut from three years ago; the kid on the right was tall, I'd give him maybe 14 years of age, lanky, cap on sideways, wearing a green shirt.

The tall gringo asks me if I have a cigarette for them, to which I reply: ''no, I'm sorry, I don't smoke''.

And he proceeds to name-call me, saying my armpits smell, that I stink of urine, that I'm full of shit. Of course, he waits until he's 15 feet away from me to say any of that, and so I just turn around and stare at him as I keep walking my way.

He then says I should look out for cars from the oncoming traffic, that I could get hit, and all I could say was this:
Kid, between you and me, you're the one who isn't going to die of old age.
Ah, good times. It's nice to know we're raising the next generation to be complete scumbags, in case the planet does kill us within two years, it won't be too much of a fucking loss.

I could have ended it there, maybe I should have, but no. Later, I was having a conversation with the Former Lady Of The House and I mentioned this, and described the kids... they are customers at the video store she manages - and the whole staff hates them. So refuse to even service them. Ha ha. Pricks.

No comments: