Monday, October 1, 2012

When Nature Calls

I'm either getting old, or dying. Or on my way to senility. It doesn't make sense for me to be in such awe of what I witnessed this weekend when I never was before.


Trees always turn red or yellow come autumn; mountains always rise majestically above highways, into the clouds; rivers and lakes always reflect their surroundings and calm me.

For some reason, however, for 4 and a half hours each way, the endless nature between Montréal and Chicoutimi this weekend didn't seem that long this time. And the fact that at the end of the road was my cousin celebrating her birthday in a bowling center and that I'd only play a short set after her main (hired) entertainer didn't phase me either.

Kill me or medicate me - I may be falling off the deep end.

Oh, and I saw a moose and a bear (not together) while driving next to the forest. My first ''big animal'' sightings on the side of the road.

No comments: