Monday, January 25, 2010

Peruvian Flute Bands

Ever since I saw the South Park episode on Peruvian flute bands a year late (I must have seen it this last October, but the episode originally aired on October 22nd, 2008, during the show's twelfth season), even though it was pretty much a metaphor for avian flu, I've been seeing those damn pan flute duos, trios and full-blown bands almost on a daily basis, whether it's on the street or they're playing in the subway.





Those fuckers are everywhere. I just can't get away fom them, they're a plague; it's like they killed and replaced every other musician-panhandler-busker in town, except for the (in)famous one-armed alcoholic from Guy metro.





I wonder if they're making any money at all. I've played two kinds of flute in my youth, maybe I can cash in on this... or maybe I'm becoming Cartman and about to get myself in a huge pile of steaming trouble.

No comments: