Saturday, June 22, 2013

Taking Matters To Heart

It's Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Finals tonight, as the Chicago Blackhawks host the Boston Bruins, but one person who'll have to keep his emotions in check is Dave Thomas, who suffered a heart attack during the last game in which the Hawks lost 3 leads before winning in overtime.

(A) west suburban Oswego native and die-hard Blackhawks fan, Thomas suffered a heart attack during Game 3 and was forced to watch the Game 4 overtime thriller from Edward Hospital in Naperville.
But the scare he suffered Monday didn't stop him from getting back to his old ways when the Blackhawks took the ice last night, as he told NBC Chicago in an email.
"My heart monitor was off the charts and I was yelling like I was in a bar!" he wrote. "The whole cardio floor had the game on! I love my Hawks but guys your (sic) killing me for real!!"
So, at least one guy in Chicago has his heart racing as much as Corey Crawford...

No comments: