Monday, April 5, 2010

Murphy Strikes Again

Ok, so this winter was a little less bad than they normally are, but I still managed to go cold-free, flu-free, back injury-free and even indigestion-free for all of it, despite not being among the sheep who were vaccinated.

So Saturday, as it was 25 degrees (pretty much 80 for my American friends), I went out wearing jeans, shoes, a t-shirt, a hoodie and a cap - and I caught a cold. What. The. Fuck.

April is the worst tease of all the months - 25 in July won't get you a cold, and 25 in September is a miracle. Winter's Hell, and Summer is what Life is about. The in-betweens are rainy, either brimming with promise (Spring) or announcing a slow and painful death (Autumn).

So my throat's killing me, my nose is running a marathon and dripping more than Meat Loaf at a concert - while everybody else is having a good time.

2 comments:

annie stephens said...

your cold is a JERK. you should punch it in its stupid throat. and stuff.

jamie (what the) foxx says cheer up charlie: http://i40.tinypic.com/29ojpcz.jpg

oh the jerry curl. oh the humanity.

Sébastian Hell said...

Hahaha, thanks for that!

It's a good day after all!