Monday, April 12, 2010

Weird Dream

You know you watch too many off-beat movies with weird moods when even your nightmares become passive-aggressive .

My big dream last night was that I was in one of those Irish-folk three-piece bands, the type where each member sings and plays the guitar, and it was a quiet Sunday night, until my manager, Pierre Gauthier (actual General Manager of the Montréal Canadiens, whom I have never met in real life) called me up to tell me we had 3 important not-to-be-missed appointments the next day: an early-morning zoo-crew radio appearance on a soft rock station located in butt-fuck nowhere, a video shoot after that, followed by an actual gig in the evening, for the next day was both Mother's Day and Valentine's Day, and the gig was dedicated to my Mom whom I love, so it made sense.

What didn't make sense is that the band meet-up the following morning for our ride took place at a mall that no longer exists, downtown - the Eaton Center. Except this Eaton Center wasn't where it was supposed to be, it was at the Complexe Desjardins, a place that still exists today. And we lost so much time there that there was no way we could manage to everything we had to do well.

Most of the rest of the dream consisted of trying to find reasons not to do shit in the right order to ensure we'd be late at everything that was prepared for us. We finally got to the radio show at 11AM, but it had been over since 9. Then we went to the video shoot, but by the time everything was set up, it was 3PM and the crew went on break. And filming was taking place in what seemed both like a parking lot and a municipal dump, except it didn't stink.

And because I was dedicating that night's show to my mother, I kept trying to contact her to go see her instead of doing the gig.

I dunno.

None of these situations are actually scary, all are annoying as fuck. So my nightmares now consist of me boring myself to death. Awesome.

No comments: