Saturday, May 25, 2013

Insulting Daft Punk

I hate to agree with Oasis and Beady Eye frontman Liam Gallagher, but he hit the nail right on the head with this quote:
I’d write ["Get Lucky"] in a fucking hour. I don’t know what the fuss is about, you know what I mean? It’s like fuck off, give me a fucking break.
Half the people I know are way too enthused about Daft Punk - not just their current over-hyped piece of disco, but also their inane ''classics'' like Around The World (though I admit Michel Gondry made them a stellar video for it). If I'm to admit my disdain for the French ''smart electronic'' *cough* duo might be exaggerated, one has to admit those who love them do so too much.

In that regard, they're pretty much the Carey Price of pop music.

So, kudos, Liam Gallagher. Kind of makes me want to listen to his next record, coming out this June. and produced by TV On The Radio's Dave Sitek.

No comments: