Friday, February 4, 2011

Where Were You Last Tuesday?





I was a guest lead guitarist for The Lindbergh Line last Tuesday at Casa Del Popolo, my favourite venue in Montréal, and my playing got reviewed...

''Cheesy'' and ''very impressive'', in the same sentence. Weird, but I'll take it.

Thanks, Meet You At The Show!

They covered the mood dead-on; I'd just like to add the name of Couples' drummer, Michael Benjamin Brooks Wright. He creates beats where very few people would dare imagine them, between, on top of and juxtaposed to notes in a way that make him absolutely unique. Watching him play, live, is like watching Einstein duel Nobel in a math contest - except there's just one Mikey and he's the lone drummer playing with his band.

Also of note, the extent to which Reversing Falls grows on you. So much so that I found the two songs on the single they were releasing that night to not be the two best songs they have - by a fair margin. Had they gone on to play another full set of half-done songs, I'm sure those would be the ones I'd prefer. Actually, on any other night than this one where two other awesome bands were playing, I would have just preferred more Reversing Falls - period.

No comments: