Friday, August 16, 2013

Scenes Of This Summer In Art Form

I don't walk into Monastikari nearly often enough, and when I do, it's usually almost undercover, for a quick in-and-out while in-between two appointments in the area, one of them usually a show I'm playing that I'm late for. Yeah, I'm that guy. Though, in my defense, pretty much all Montréal musicians are.

That being said, I want to go see this installation - named The Swimmer & The Rain Cloud - live, because the more I look at the pictures (two of them pasted below, the rest you have to click on this link to see), the more mesmerized I get:


The artists responsible for this papier maché / bricolage diorama mind-meld are Emilie O'Brien (who co-runs the place) and Tara Slaughter, who has curated many a project there.

No comments: